Millie Coghill Fine Arts Award
Sponsored by the Weyburn Arts Council
The following information with full details, to be attached on separate sheets.
POST SECONDARY INSTITUTION:
TYPE OF PROGRAM APPLYING FOR:
HIGH SCHOOL EXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES: (e.g. band, drama, S.R.C., sports, projects, trips)
COMMUNITY & VOLUNTEER INVOLVEMENT: (eg church, candy stripers,
assisting with events, at school or in the community like the
Communithon, Humane Society, etc.
REFERENCES: (2 letters of reference are required)
This applicant for the above stated award has been selected by the Weyburn Arts Council Selection Committee.
Weyburn Arts Council representative:_______________________________________
Weyburn Arts Council
CRITERIA for FINE ARTS AWARD
This scholarship will be made available to Weyburn & area Grade 12 students who:
- will be going into post secondary education in one of the following
fields: graphic arts, architecture, interior design, photography,
visual arts, or music.
- would fill out attached application form in full, with complete details attached on a separate page.
- would provide proof of acceptance in a post-secondary institution.
**(This would not be required until shortly before the fall semester begins.)
- would provide a list of extra-curricular activities(e.g. band, drama, S.R.C., projects, trips, etc.)
- would provide a record of high school marks.
- would provide two Letters of Reference.
- would provide a detailed history of Community & Volunteer involvement, as well as your work history
- would include a recommendation from an art teacher why they feel this student would be deserving of such award..
Weyburn Arts Council would be prepared to assess the applications received.
- This (these) monetary scholarship(s) would be at the discretion of the Arts Council. Value to be determined.
- This (these) scholarship(s) would be presented by a representative of the Weyburn Arts Council before the press.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION FORM: May
15, 2016 as this will allow Weyburn Arts Council directors
more time to review the applicants and contact references.
Weyburn Arts Council
c/o 424-10th Avenue,
Weyburn, SK S4H 2A1